Friday, August 10, 2007

DQ, I need you


I’m not the type to be lead into temptation. I’ll normally find my own way. And, like usual, I found it: Dairy Queen. Or, more specifically: Dairy Queen’s Blizzards. There’s a DQ way too close to our place. It teases me. It calls to me when I drive nearby.

Then it gets in my head.

The vacuum whirrs “Butterfinger Blizzard” like a ghostly howl. I’m reading a book and lose concentration. Reese’s Blizzard. I wonder if they let you create your own like at Coldstone Creamery. The obsession comes in handy sometimes…when I’m programming it’s fun to plan which flavor I’ll have later. Maybe I’ll have Cahen’s favorite, Caramel Cheesequake. Mmmmm.

But I can’t have one. They’re bad for me. And, I’m trying to live cleaner, healthier, more socially responsible.

Ah, but today…they were hosting a charity for a children’s fund…

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

mmmm....Oreo blizzards are my favorite! Dang...now I want one!